PUBG BANNED IN INDIA; According to India TV, banned apps, including the infamous PUBG, are trying to come back into the Indian market again. It was reported in December 2018 that the Indian government was banning PUBG and similar apps for concerns relating to national security and data privacy breaches, besides issues of addiction in children, monetary loss, self-harm, suicides, and homicides.
India TV has learned that banned apps, including the infamous PUBG, are again trying to access the Indian market. Last year, PUBG and other similar apps were banned by the Indian government due to concerns relating to national security, data privacy breaches, and issues of addiction in children, financial loss, self-harm, suicides, and murders.
Krafton, a company controlled by Chinese online game giant Tencent, plans to relaunch PUBG in India as Battlegrounds Mobile India.
Nevertheless, the game was never permitted relaunch in India, which has not been allowed. National security expert Dr. Gaurav Tyagi revealed this information in response to a request for information by the Special Centre for National Security Studies at Johns Hopkins University in response to an RTI.
As part of his research into Chinese companies’ predatory practices in India, Dr. Tyagi filed a Request for Information (RTI) with the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) seeking documents concerning PUBG Mobile’s relaunch. It should be noted that none of the ministries mentioned in the RTI responses has specifically consented to the relaunching of the game.
Because no permission has been obtained, it appears that there is a violation of the policy when the banned apps are re-entered under a modified name and structure. Tencent is also the second-biggest shareholder in Krafton and will agree with that company to share data with it.
He further emphasized that the government should take strict actions against such apps trying to circumvent Indian laws. Otherwise, tomorrow, other apps like We Chat and TikTok will also use this route to re-enter India, according to him.
On May 30, the National Commission for the Protection of Child Rights released a report opposing the game’s relaunch. Several public representatives, including MPs and MLAs across party lines, have also expressed their disapproval recently.
There are reports that PUBG is returning to India on Android and iPhone and will be available for real this time
Area Of Discussion Indian Government Banned Pubg Mobile
- You can now download PUBG: New State on your Android or iOS device.
- I am happy to inform you that Krafton has finally brought back a game with “PUBG” in the name.
- Last year, India banned the use of PUBG Mobile in the country. However, Krafton found a way around this by renaming the app
- After months of testing, the next battle royale game from Krafton, PUBG: New State, is available now. There are also rumors that the game will be released only a few months after Battlegrounds Mobile India, the desi version of PUBG Mobile. This was released amid much fanfare in India. There is, however, a more significant significance for Krafton, the company that owns PUBG. That is because the company is here to announce that it has finally managed to bring a battle royale game with the “PUBG” name following the ban from last year. This means that PUBG has returned for real this time.
- India banned the game PUBG Mobile last year, citing such apps as a potential threat to the country because of their connection with China. Tencent, which is one of the biggest tech companies in China, owns PUBG Mobile, a game played and owned by players around the world. As a result, Krafton, the original owner of the intellectual property rights to PUBG, severing ties with Tencent, thought that it might be possible to get around Tencent’s ban by doing things it’s way instead. PUBG Corporation established Battlegrounds Mobile India at the expense of the popular “PUBG” name in India.
- India has banned one of the most popular games, PUBG Mobile, along with another 117 Chinese apps on September 2, 2020, amid the growing standoff between the two countries at the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- In an investigation carried out by the Centre of Information Technology, these apps were banned under section 69A of the Information Technology Act because they were engaged in activities affecting the sovereignty and integrity of the country, its defense, and security.
- The Indian government agreed to ban 47 Chinese apps, which cloned 59 Chinese apps, banned in June 2020. As far as the Chinese government is concerned, 250 apps with Chinese links had been blocked by November last year, including Alibaba Workbench, AliExpress, Alipay Cashier, PUBG MOBILE Nordic Map: Livik, PUBG MOBILE LITE, and Cam Scanner, among others.
- In addition to India, PUBG is also banned by countries such as China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Korea, Jordan, Nepal, Israel, and Iraq, each for a different reason.
- PUBG Lite will no longer be available for download after April 29, 2022 (UTC). We regretfully inform you that our journey has come to an end. We regretfully inform you that we will cease offering the service after April 29, 2021 (UTC), “PUBG Lite explained.
- Dr. Gaurav Tyagi, a JNU assistant professor who filed an RTI application with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in response to an RTI question, revealed that the government could not prevent the game from being launched in India.
A majority of the banned applications (PUBG, for example) have been enabled to re-enter India without permission.
The popular game PUBG, which is banned in many countries, attempts to enter India again, India TV has learned. A year ago, the Indian government banned the popular PUBG game app and other similar apps for national security, data privacy breaches, addiction, monetary loss, self-harm, murder, and suicides occurring due to these games.
In a move to bring the game to India as Battlegrounds Mobile India, Kraton, owned by the Chinese behemoth Tencent, has rebranded PUBG. Yet India has not yet granted permission to re-release this banned game, and it, therefore, cannot be relaunched. Dr. Gaurav Tyagi, an assistant professor at the Special Centre for National Security Studies at Jamia Nadar University, made this revelation to respond to an RTI request filed by a national security expert.
PUBG has been rebranded as Battlegrounds Mobile India by Kraton, owned and operated by the Chinese giant Tencent. This is part of its plans to bring the game to India. The government of India has not yet permitted the re-release of this banned game, so it will not be available on the market again until they do. In response to an RTI request submitted by a journalist interested in national security, Dr. Gaurav Tyagi, an assistant professor at the Special Center for National Security Studies at Jamia Nadar University, made this revelation.
From the fact that no permission has been sought, it would appear that entry of the banned applications with a modified name and structure would appear to violate the rules. Further, Tencent has a data-sharing agreement with Krafton and is the second-biggest shareholder in the company.
He further added that the government should take strict actions against such apps that try to circumvent Indian laws, else other apps, such as WeChat and TikTok, will most likely re-enter India through this route in the future.
It was also reported that earlier this year, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights had opposed the game’s relaunch. It has also recently been reported that an increasing number of representatives from the public, including MPs and MLAs, have registered their protests.
This ban on PUBG Mobile was not restricted to India alone, as it was applied to these countries as well during 2022
Many countries around the world have banned battle royale games. India is one of them. Besides China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Korea, Jordan, Nepal, Israel, and Iraq, other countries banned the game: Pakistan, Pakistani, Afghan, and Israeli.
Recently, the popular video game series, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, or PUBG, has experienced growth and suffered several setbacks.
PUBG is known to be among the most downloaded games on the Play Store, but few people know that the game has been banned in almost ten countries at the moment.
PUBG has been banned in India under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, passed this year. According to the Indian Government, the PUBG Mobile Application engaged in activities that are prejudicial to the country’s sovereignty and integrity, security, and defense.
Many countries have banned the battle royale game, and India is just one of them. China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Korea, Jordan, Nepal, Israel, and Iraq are a few other countries banned by the game.
PUBG was banned by many nations due to its overly addictive nature, its disregard for its users’ health, its failure to warn users about the negative effects of prolonged screen time, and its propagation of violence.
China has, however, banned PUBG after several media reports pointed out that the game is violent to the point of bloodshed. To comply with the country’s regulations, Tencent has replaced a separate version of the game called Game For Peace with the revised version.
Game For Peace depicts blood in green instead of the usual red. Instead of shots falling into a pool of blood, each shooter would wave goodbye before taking flight.
As a result of complaints received by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), the game has been banned because it is too addictive and has adverse health effects on children in terms of physical and psychological health. However, after several complaints were filed with the Islamabad High Court, the PTA was forced to lift the ban on the game.
PUBG was suspended by Afghanistan’s Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (ATRA). It is pertinent to note that the ATRA consulted various ministries, psychologists, parents, school headteachers, cybersecurity experts, among others, before notifying the parents of the suspension.
THE NEPAL REPUBLIC:
A Kathmandu district court decision on a PIL brought by the Metropolitan Crime Division resulted in the ban of PUBG in Nepal. It was claimed that this game was harming children and should be prohibited. The Supreme Court of Nepal overturned the ban based on multiple petitions filed after the ban was implemented.
This is due to Tencent Games, PUBG Mobile’s official distributor, which is based in China, one of the more surprising countries on the list of countries banning the game.
The mobile version of PUBG Mobile is banned in India, but you can still play it here despite this! You have to know what is going on!
PUBG Mobile India Ban: We are still waiting for the launch of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG Mobile) in India. The Indian Government has banned PUBG Mobile since September 2, 2020. PUBG Corporation and the Government of India have yet to make any public statements regarding the game’s relaunch.
A ban has been imposed on PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, PUBG Mobile in India. It is still unknown when PUBG Mobile will begin to live in India. Since September 2, 2020, the Indian Government has banned the use of PUBG Mobile in India. As far as the relaunch of PUBG is concerned, there has been no official announcement made by either the PUBG Corporation or the Government of India. According to Section 69A of the Information Technology Act of 2000, PUBG is still banned in India. DNA reports that there are loopholes through which the banned version of PUBG Mobile India can be played, which came as a surprise.
In an earlier post, we explained that PUBG Mobile India could be played using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), bypassing the geo-blocking of the game. As you may already know, some loopholes have been exposed to gamers if they want to play PUBG Mobile India.
Inside Sports reports that any Android Application Package (APK) Download link for PUBG Mobile Global, the Korean version of the game, is safe for download and can play the game in Korea. As reported by DNA, the Government of India has made it clear that PUBG is ‘NOT illegal’ in India. Therefore, the game can be played in India, for example, according to the report.
Gamers can also encounter an issue while playing PUBG Mobile Global, and namely, if your internet service provider (ISP) has not blocked access or your service provider has not blocked access, then one can play PUBG Mobile Korea.
According to DNA, the ban can be circumvented, and PUBG Mobile can be played by setting a VPN app to a different location and then playing the game via the India version of the app, DNA reported.
Moreover, there have been plenty of rumors following the PUBG Mobile game ban, rumors stating that the game may make a comeback and will be launched in March 2021. Despite this, the Government has given no such order for the launch of PUBG Mobile in India.
Will PUBG get banned in India again?
- The new Battlegrounds Mobile India is also said to be merely a rebranded version of the popular game, PUBG, and calling it the ‘India Edition’ is a misleading statement. Although the game might be banned in India unless people can produce solid proof that it is intrusive and hurts the privacy of its users, it is not likely that the game will be banned in India.
Is PUBG Mobile banned in India permanently?
- Krafton Inc., the developer of Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) has banned permanently 58,611 accounts as a response to cheating by players in the game.
Is PUBG getting banned permanently?
- Ban on PUBG accounts: PUBG enjoys a huge fan following across the globe.
Is PUBG banned in India 2022?
- PUBG Mobile Latest Update 2022, it was revealed in the Indian media that PUBG Mobile was banned since Section 69A of the Information Technology Act addresses the privacy concerns that are related to PUBG Mobile. There has been a ban on the game since its ban in the country has been reinstated, and the game has been blocked in the country.